PE and Sport Premium
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The PE and Sport Premium is a fund provided by the Government specifically with the aim of improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and sees money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding is ring-fenced and thus can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils receive a lump sum of £16000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil. Smaller schools receive £1000 per pupil.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after-school sport clubs
Please follow the link below for further details:
Year 6 2019/20 Swimming proficiency
Due to COVID 19, we were unable to obtain data from the previous Year Six class.